Spiced Stuffed Winter Squash with Apples
1 lb Ground turkey
1 Tbs Butter
2 Whole honeynut, acorn or other small winter squash
1 Tb Olive oil
1 Med Onion, diced
1-2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Company blend of choice (Suggestions below)
1 Whole apple, diced
1 Stalk celery, diced
Optional: ¼ C Currants, cranberries and/or shredded cheese
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Halve each squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
3. Melt butter in a pan.
4. Brush butter around inner rim of each squash and sprinkle ¼ tsp of whichever spice blend you are using inside each squash.
5. Place each squash half upright in a baking dish. Pour 1 C water in bottom of baking dish.
6. Bake for 50 minutes or until soft.
7. Meanwhile, sauté onions, celery and apple in oil for 3 minutes.
8. Add ground turkey, the remaining 1 Tb spice and currants or cranberries if using, and cook until turkey is lightly browned.
9. Remove squash from oven and fill each half with turkey mixture.
10. Top with shredded cheese if desired and serve.