Chili Truffle Cookies
- 12 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1/2 C Unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 C All-purpose flour
- 1/4 C Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Chocolate Chili
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325℉. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Set aside to cool.
3. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl. Add Chocolate Chili to sifted ingredients.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
5. Stir in the chocolate-butter mixture until completely blended. Add the vanilla extract.
6. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture and mix until well-incorporated.
7. Let rest 5 minutes to firm up slightly.
8. Spoon heaping teaspoons of the batter onto the baking sheets, about one inch apart. Bake 9-12 minutes until the cookies are just barely firm. Cookies will spread and surface will appear cracked. Leave on the pan to cool for a minute before transferring to a wire rack.
9. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temp. for several days, or may be frozen. Recipe makes about 5 dozen.