Garam Masala Butter Cookies
- 2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co. oGaram Masala
- 1/3 C Granulated sugar
- 1 C Unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 C Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 C Flour
- Sanding sugar
1. Mix Garam Masala and granulated sugar in a small bowl.
2. In a stand mixer, cream the butter.
3. Blend in salt, spiced sugar and confectioners sugar until smooth.
4. Add 1 egg yolk. Mix for 1 minute.
5. Mix in flour until just blended.
6. Turn dough onto the counter and knead gently a few times.
7. Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 9″ log. Wrap and cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
8. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
9. Combine remaining egg yolk with a splash of water. Brush mixture along log and roll logs into sanding sugar until evenly coated.
10. Slice into 1/2″ thick rounds, place on baking sheets and bake for 18-20 minutes until cookies are browned around the edges and golden on the bottom. Cool completely.