Seaside Salmon Cakes
2 Cans of wild salmon
1-2 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 Cup flour (I used tapioca flour, a great gluten-free option)
1 Green bell pepper
1-2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Seaside Spice
1 tsp salt
Pinch of garlic granules if desired
1. Begin by chopping onion and pepper in a food processor.
2. Heat 1-2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a cast iron skillet.
3. Mix salmon, onion, pepper, salt, spice, garlic, and the egg in a bowl. Slowly add flour, a tablespoon at a time until no long super wet and holds when put into a patty.
4. Make a patty using about 2 Tbsp worth of the mix, forming in your hands, and then place carefully in the hot oil.
5. Continue with the rest of the mixture, adding to the oil (you may need to do 2-3 batches).
6. Fry on medium high for about 2-3 minutes then check to see if ready to flip. Flip when turning golden brown, and fry to desired doneness on the other side. You can slightly press with a spatula after the first flip.
7. Serve with your favorite sauce, or add to a salad and enjoy.