Dairy Free Creamy Broccoli Soup
1 crown of broccoli
1 head cauliflower
3 Cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Shepherd Herb Blend or blend of choice
1 Tbsp butter or ghee
salt and pepper to taste
granulated or powdered garlic (to taste, optional)
1. Begin by roasting the cauliflower and broccoli, chopped, with a little bit of oil. About 30-40 minutes at 400-450 should do.
2. Add about three cups of cooked cauliflower to a large pan, add a small handful of the chopped roasted broccoli, 1 Tbsp butter, garlic, and spice, then pour in 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to medium high heat.
3. When ghee is melted, pour the mixture into a blender and blend well, pour back into the pot. Add 1 cup of broth to the blender and blend to get any remaining soup that is left on the sides. Pour into the pot to thin the thick mixture.
4. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper then taste. Add more to desired flavor.
5. Serve warm with croutons, bacon bits, or your favorite soup topping for some crunch.