Persian Beef and Eggplant with Creamy Cashew Sauce
1 Eggplant, sliced into rounds
1/2 lb Ground beef
2/3 Cups Cashews or cashew piece
1 Tbs Butter or ghee
1/2 tsp Salt
1-2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Persian Adwiya
Oil or ghee for cooking
1 Tbsp Raisins or currants
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1-2 tsp Nutritional yeast
1. Add cashews to a glass, cover with water, and soak for one hour.
2. While cashews are soaking, cut a large eggplant into rounds, coat with oil or ghee, sprinkle with salt, then bake at 400℉ on each side until beginning to brown and soften, approx 30 minutes.
3. While cashews are close to finished soaking, preheat skillet and add oil or ghee. Add ground beef to the hot skillet and cook, chopping into a crumble. Add Persian Adwiya when halfway cooked. When close to done, turn off heat, and stir in raisins or currants.
4. Drain water from cashews, add to a blender or food processor, add 1/2 tsp salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and 1/2 cup water. Blend until a thick liquid is formed.
5. Pour this mixture into a clean skillet over low heat, then stir in 1 Tbs butter or ghee. Taste and add salt or additional seasoning to taste.
6. To plate, alternate layers of eggplant rounds with a layer of the beef mixture, then drizzle sauce over to finish.