Four Spice Red Wine Braised Beef
1 lb Beef stew meat
1/2 Bottle red wine
1-2 Cups Broth or water
2 Carrots (diced)
1/2 Onion (diced)
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. In a small food processor or using a knife, finely dice the carrot, garlic, and onion.
3. Heat the cooking fat (about a tablespoon or two) in an oven-safe pot with lid (like a dutch oven.)
4. Add the beef and cook to sear the sides. Sprinkle with salt and French Four Spice.
5. Remove meat from pan, add the diced veggies and garlic, then cook at medium-high until translucent and cooked down.
6. Pour in half a bottle of red wine, a cup of broth or water, and using a wooden utensil, scrape up any bits that have stuck to the pan.
7. Add meat back in, give another sprinkle of salt and additional French Four Spice if desired and cook in the oven for 3 hours. Halfway through, check the braise to see if it needs more liquid.
8. After time is up, if liquid is too thin, bring it to a boil on the stove top to reduce and drizzle over the plate before serving.