Spiced Citrus Custard
for 2 custards
1/3 C Coconut milk
2 Tbs Coconut sugar
Juice (and rind) of half an Ojai Pixie (or small citrus fruit)
1 Pinch of Teeny Tiny Spice Persian Adwiya
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. Grease 2 small ramekins and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
3. Fill a pan with water and place ramekins inside. The water should come close to the top of the custard dishes. This is what will cook the custard. If you notice your ramekins sliding, put a small towel inside (wet) and set them on top of that. Be sure water is covering the cloth.
4. Combine coconut milk, sugar, eggs, juice, spice, and some zest from the citrus rind. Pour this mixture into the ramekins and bake for 45 minutes at 325℉.
5. Remove carefully (don't spill the water!).
6. Add some citrus zest to top and serve warm or chilled.