Grilled Chicken Salad Sweet Potato Sliders
Serves 2 large portions, 4 small, double for more
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Oaxacan Adobo (or spice of your choice, this one is great with the guac!)
- 1/4 C guacamole
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 medium sweet potato
1. Fire up the grill! A frying pan will work, but the smokiness and char of a grilled breast adds some dimension to this dish.
2. Coat chicken breasts in 2 tbsp of our Oaxacan Adobo, and grill until done, let the outer skin crisp up a bit, and char a little for some extra smokiness in the flavor.
3. When finished, chop finely, and place in the fridge until cooled.
4. 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 and slice your sweet potato into thick “chips”, about half an inch in thickness, and coat with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. These will act as your mini slider buns.
5. Bake for 5 minutes on each side, until slightly softened but still stable and sturdy to pick up by an edge.
6. While your “buns” are cooling, in a medium bowl mix cooled grilled chicken, diced onion, cilantro, and stir in 1/4 cup of guacamole. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper to taste.
7. Top a slice of the potato with a spoonful of the chicken salad, then top with another slice.