2 Lb Boneless pork shoulder, cubed
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbs Fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbs Vinegar, white or apple cider
1 inch Fresh ginger, grated
8 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tbs Olive oil
3 Small onions, diced
1 Can Tomatoes, peeled
1. Combine Vindaloo, salt, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger and garlic.
2. Add cubed pork and allow to marinate, refrigerated, 2-24 hours.
3. Remove meat from marinade and brown in a pan over high heat with 1 Tbs olive oil.
4. When browned, remove meat from pan.
5. Add remaining olive oil to the pan along with the onion.
6. When the onion softens and begins to brown around the edges, add the tomato, meat, marinade and enough water to cover meat.
7. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, loosely covered, for about one hour until the meat is tender and the sauce is thickened.