Recado Rojo Mini Meatloafs
for about 8 small cups
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C almond flour (or coarse flour of choice)
- 2 TbsP + 2 tsp Recado Rojo Spice Mix
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion, red pepper, 2 tbsp rojo, salt, pepper, a sprinkle of garlic powder, 1 egg and 1/4 cup of a coarse flour.
3. Grease a muffin tin, and scoop, and lightly pack mixture into each cup, molding together before dropping in cup.
4. Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
5. Meanwhile, mix 3 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp honey, 2 tsp rojo, and 2 tsp vinegar, in a small bowl.
6.After 10 minutes of baking, brush or spoon on the tomato paste mixture, to the tops of your meatloaf cups.
7. Bake another 10-15 until done through. The fat may be visible around the edges as it cooks out, but it won’t effect the flavor. Just brush off any large pieces after cooking.
8. Serve with some sliced avocado, cilantro, or top with your favorite salsa.