Spicy Italian Meat Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 6 oz pork sausage
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Hot Italian Spice blend (or more to taste!)
1. Chop the ends off spaghetti squash and bake at 350, for 30 minutes. When cool, carefully scrape with a fork into strands.
2. Chop carrots, and onion in a food processor and set aside.
3. Brown sausage and chop into crumbles if not already broken down.
4. Toss onion, carrot, salt, and garlic into the pan after browning sausage. Sauté until partially translucent.
5. Pour in a cup of canned organic tomato sauce, then mix, adding in Spicy Italian and drizzling with maple syrup or honey (cuts through the tartness of tomato.)
6. Mix well then serve over squash.