Garam Masala Poached Pears
2 Tbs Sugar
1-2 Tbs Butter
1 C Red wine
1. Peel and core the pears & slice each one in half, lengthwise.
2. Toss pears with sugar and Garam Masala spice.
3. Heat a pan over medium heat and add butter.
4. Place the pears in the pan, cut side down, and allow to cook for 8 minutes.
5. Pour the red wine over the pears, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes until the pears are tender.
6. Remove the cover and take pears out of the pan.
7. Reduce the wine until just a couple of tablespoons are left.
8. Plate the pears and pour the wine sauce over them.
9. Serve immediately.