Recado Rojo Tortilla Soup
- 10 oz chopped chicken breast, raw
- 28 oz (large can) diced tomato
- 2 C broth
- 7 oz chopped bell/sweet peppers
- 4 oz chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 2 tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Recado Rojo
- 1/2 C black beans
- salt, to taste
- Cilantro, avocado, and scallions, to garnish
1. Once vegetables and chicken have all been chopped, add to crockpot and cover with broth, filling until broth barely covers the top of your ingredients.
2. Add in Recado Rojo and stir well. Slightly push ingredients under broth to cook thoroughly.
3. Cook on low for about 7 hoursor until all ingredients are cooked through, stirring every couple of hours.
4. Top soup with avocado, cilantro, scallions, cheese, or sour cream.