Baked Butternut Squash Bowl with Cauliflower Mash and Red Pepper Pesto
1 Butternut squash end (the round bulb part, peeled and de-seeded)
Teeny Tiny Spice of choice
1 Red pepper
Small piece of parmesan cheese
Handful of pecans or walnuts
1/2 Head of cauliflower
Teeny Tiny Spice blend suggestions: British Curry, West African Curry, Ras el Hanout, Vindaloo
1. Bake the squash bulb covered in oil and spice at 350℉ for 30 minutes, flip, then cook another 30 at 400℉.
2. Meanwhile, cook a red pepper in the oven to cook for an hour, flipping every 15 minutes.
3. While the squash is roasting, boil cauliflower until soft enough to cut with a fork. Remove from heat, cool a bit and purée with broth, ghee, and more spice to create a cauliflower mash.
4. When the squash is done, fill with the mash, grate some cheese over the top, then baked it until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
5. While melting the cheese, take the pepper purée it with some olive oil, salt, a little cheese, and some raw pecans to create the pesto topping.
6. Top and serve.