- 1 Lb Spaghetti
- ¼ C Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Shallot
- ¼ C Heavy cream
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- ¼ C Lemon juice
- 1 oz Finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co.® Persian Adwiya
- Salt & pepper
1. In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
2. Add 1 Tbs salt & pasta.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, until al dente.
4. Reserve 1¾ C of the cooking water, drain the pasta in a colander and set aside.
5. Heat 1 Tbs oil in the now empty pot.
6. Add shallot and ½ tsp salt. Cook until shallot is softened, about 2 min.
7. Whisk 1½ C reserved pasta water & cream into pot; bring to a simmer & cook for 2 min.
8. Remove the pot from heat, add in pasta & stir until coated.
9. Stir in the remaining 3 Tbs of oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, cheese, Persian Adwiya & ½ tsp pepper.
10. Cover & let the pasta stand 2 minutes, tossing frequently.
11. Stir in the basil.
12. Adjust seasoning if needed & sprinkle with cheese if desired.