Mango Harissa Stewed Chicken
1 lb Chicken breast, diced
2 Small carrots
Handful of small tomatoes
1 inch Piece of ginger root
1/2 C Water
1.5 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Company Harissa
1 tsp Honey
Dash of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. Grate carrot and ginger and set aside.
3. Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
4. Peel the mango and blend in a blender or food processor with half a cup of water until Puréed. Add 1 1/2 - 2 tsp Harissa and blend again.
5. Pour a little olive oil or fat of choice into an oven safe pot with lid. Heat oil on stove and add the ginger and carrot.
6. After a minute, add the chicken and let each piece cook for a minute, stirring around to get all sides seared. Add a dash of salt.
7. Pour the blended purée over the chicken and stir well to coat the chicken.
8. Cook for an hour at 325℉ and carefully remove. Halfway through the cooking, you can check to make sure your purée isn’t burning. If it is becoming too thick, you can add a little more water.
9. Serve atop rice, riced cauliflower or veggies of choice.
10. For another burst of flavor, add a sprinkle of cilantro.