Penang Pork Ribs with Pineapple
Makes 2 large servings, double as necessary
10 oz Boneless pork ribs (loin will work too)
6 oz Pineapple, sliced
1 Small onion
1 Large red/orange peppers, or 7 mini
1 C broth
1/3 C Full fat coconut milk + 1/3 C water
1 Tbs + 1 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Penang Curry
1 Tbs Peanut, almond, cashew, or sunflower seed butter
Rice, or riced cauliflower to top.
1. Preheat oven to 300℉.
2. Chop pork into bite size pieces. Salt, pepper, and cover with 1 tsp Penang Curry. Place in a pan over high heat and brown all edges slightly (Do not cook through).
3. Remove from heat and place in a large oven safe pot with lid. Cover with 1 cup or so of broth (halfway covering pork) and put in the oven for about 1 hour, flipping halfway through. While that is cooking, prepare riced cauliflower or rice for later.
4. About 20 minutes before pork is done, chop veggies and pineapple into small pieces. Sauté the onion and peppers in a large pan until soft. Add in 1/3 cup coconut milk, 1/3 cup water, 1 Tbs peanut or almond butter and 1 Tbs Penang Curry. Mix well, add pineapple and cook on medium high to reduce and thicken sauce.
5. When pork is finished, add to pan and mix to cover pork with sauce.
6. Once sauce has thickened, reduce heat and spoon mixture over rice and serve.