- 5 Lb Pork Shoulder
- 1 Lg Onion, sliced
- 4 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Jamaican Jerk
- 28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- ¼ C Lime Juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place pork shoulder in an oven-proof pot over medium heat with the fat side down.
3. Cook on stove-top for 10 minutes, allowing the fat to render off.
4. Remove meat from the pan.
5. Add sliced onion into the pan and allow it to cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Stir in the Jamaican Jerk spice, tomatoes, maple syrup and lime juice.
7. Place the pork shoulder back into the mixture and add additional water until the meat is covered.
8. Cover the pot and place in oven. Cook for about 5 hours.
9. Remove pork shoulder from broth.
10. Take meat off the bone and shred.
11. Add the meat back to the sauce and cook on stovetop to reduce liquid if it is too runny.
Serve on a toasted bun as a sandwich or with a side of mashed potatoes or coleslaw.