Southeast Asian Curry
Rich and creamy without heaviness, this dish is great on a hot evening or to warm you on a cold day.
- 1 1/2 Lbs Meat or firm tofu, cubed
- 4 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Penang Curry
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce (or 1/2 tsp salt)
- 2 Tbs Peanut butter
- 1 c Coconut milk
- 1 c Water
- Optional additions
- 1-2 Carrots, julienne
- 2 Scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 c Sugar snap or snow peas, stemmed
- 1 Sweet red pepper, diced
1. In a saucepan, combine meat or tofu, Penang Curry, fish sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk and water.
2. Gently simmer, covered, until the meat is tender or tofu is cooked through.
3. Add any additional optional ingredients that you choose and cook uncovered until these are cooked but still crunchy.
4. Season with additional salt to taste.
Serve alone or over plain rice.