Full fat yogurt coats the meat well, creating a sort of paste for the marinade. You do not need a traditional tandoor pot/oven to achieve an authentic tasting tandoori chicken. The tandoor’s searing effect can be mimicked by placing the chicken on a grill or very hot griddle for a couple of minutes after removing it from the oven. Or you can just serve it straight out of the oven. Either way, it is a delicious dish. Serve over rice or with a side of roasted potatoes.
4 Whole chicken legs, skin on or off
Juice of 1 whole lemon
4 Tbsp whole milk, organic plain yogurt
1 Lg Onion, sliced
1. Cut three deep diagonal slits on each side of each chicken leg.
2. Combine the lemon juice with the Tandoori Masala blend and rub well on each leg, making sure to push the mixture into each slit.
3. Place spiced legs in a bowl and toss with the yogurt to coat.
4. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-12 hours, or go straight to cooking.
5. Place the chicken on a bed of sliced onion in a baking pan.
6. Bake in preheated 450℉ oven for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown and the juice runs clear when you prick the meatiest part of the leg.
7. Serve dressed with the cooked onions.