Garam Masala Ginger Scones
2 C All-purpose flour (Cassava for gluten free)
1 Tbs Baking powder
3 Tbs Sugar (Plus a little more for glazing)
1/2 tsp Salt
3 1/2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Company. Garam Masala
5 Tbs Cold butter
1/2 C Chopped crystallized ginger
1 C Heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 425º F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and Garam Masala in a large bowl and whisk together. Alternatively, place in food processor and process with six 1-sec pulses.
3. Add cubed cold butter and rub in with cool fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. If using food processor, process with multiple 1-sec pulses.
4. Add chopped crystallized ginger and quickly mix in or pulse.
5. Stir in heavy cream until the dough begins to form.
6. Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead slightly by hand until it comes together into a rough, slightly sticky ball, about 5-10 seconds.
7. Roll dough out to 3/4 inch thick and use a round cutter to cut out circles. Alternatively, free form dough into a large, round circle and cut scones into eight wedges and place on parchment paper.
8. Brush tops of scones with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar.
9. Bake at 425º F for 15-17 minutes until tops are light brown.