Garam Masala Sweet Buns
3/4 C Coconut flour
3 Tbs Honey
3 Tbs Coconut oil
2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Baking powder
Juice from half a lemon
Small handful of pistachios
Small handful of raisins or currants
For the simple glaze:
2 Tbs Coconut oil
1 Tbs Honey
Additional dried fruit and nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with juice of half an orange.
3. Melt coconut oil on low on the stove top and stir into the egg and orange juice mix.
4. Slowly add baking powder, Garam Masala and coconut flour and mix well.
5. Toss in raisins and chopped pistachios and form a ball of dough. It may feel a little sticky, but that’s okay.
6. Break dough off into small handfuls and roll into a ball. Place onto baking sheet and press down to create the shape of the bun, as these will not rise.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until done.
8. To ice the buns, simply melt coconut oil and honey in a small sauce pan, mixing well. Drizzle atop buns, then sprinkle with chopped fruit and nuts. Pour an additional drizzle over the topping to secure more.