Glazed Spiced Winter Squash Salad
- 1/2 kabocha squash (acorn squash will work too)
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Shepherd Herb Mix
- 1 tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice of choice (a spicier blend like Berbere works well!)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Slice the squash in half, scoop out the center, then slice into 4-6 equal slices, like a crescent.
2. Coat with olive oil, salt, and sprinkle with our Shepherd Herb Mix.
3. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, turn up the heat, flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
4. Once squash is cooked, heat a little oil or ghee on a large skillet and place a few pieces of squash into the frying pan.
5. Drizzle the squash with honey then flip, to reduce the honey and glaze the squash. Here you can ass a spicy blend like Harissa, or Perfection Spice for a little heat. I used Garam Masala for a savory sweet taste.
6. After each side is coated, plate squash and sprinkle with arugula.
7. In the pan where you fried the squash, add a couple tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (I used a great blackberry ginger flavored one) and let reduce over med-low heat until a little thick.
8. Drizzle over the squash and arugula, and finally, top with pomegranate arils.