Xinjiang Breaded Chicken
1 large chicken breast, butterflied, pounded thin
1/4-1/2 C Cooking fat (ghee works great here!)
1/2 C Tapioca flour (a gluten free flour easily found at most supermarkets)
1/2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Xinjiang Spice
1. Start by cutting your chicken breast in half to create two thinner breasts. Sandwich between parchment paper and hammer with a meat cleaver to pound thin.
2. Whisk 1 egg in a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, add tapioca flour, spice and salt.
4. Heat the ghee or fat in a skillet over medium heat.
5. When fat is heated through, dip the chicken pieces in the egg and let the excess run off. Coat both sides of each piece in the flour mixture before carefully placing in the frying pan.
6. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through and starting to crisp.