Bean and Mushroom Burgers
8 oz. Mushrooms, small dice
1/2 Red onion, small dice
1/2 Bell Pepper, small dice
2 Tbs Olive oil
2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Company blend of choice (Suggestions below)
6 Tbs Bread crumbs (GF or not)
1 16 oz can Black beans, rinsed and drained
2 Egg whites
1 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
1. Over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms, onion and bell pepper in the olive oil until the pepper begins to soften, about 4 minutes.
2. Add spice and stir for 1 minute.
3. Add the beans and cook, smashing the beans, for 2 minutes.
4. Season with additional spice or salt as needed.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and blend in the egg whites, bread crumbs and vinegar.
6. Form the mixture into four patties.
7. Cook the patties in an oiled skillet over medium heat until they begin to brown and feel firm, about 7 minutes per side