Braised Beef Shortribs
- 3 Lb Beef short ribs
- 1 Lg Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. blend of choice
- 2 C Red wine
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Salt
1. Use a pan that is safe on both the stove top and in the oven, and that has a lid.
2. On the stove top over medium heat, brown the short ribs.
3. Add the onion and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in spice and salt.
5. Add red wine, maple syrup and enough water to cover the ribs. Place cover on pan and place in a 350°F oven for 2-5 hours.
6. Uncover and allow to cook for another 30 minutes.
7. Serve with roasted or mashed potatoes. Meat can also be taken off of the bone and served over pasta or in a sandwich.