Sweet Potato Gratin
3 Whole Sweet potatoes
1 Whole Celery root
1 C Chicken broth
2 Medium onions
1 Tb Olive oil or butter
2 Tbs Blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8”x8” baking pan.
2. Sauté onions in butter or olive oil until they are carmelized.
3. Peel sweet potatoes and celery root and thinly slice on a mandoline (or with a sharp knife).
4. Place a layer of sweet potatoes on bottom of pan, overlapping the slices as you go.
5. Place a layer of carmelized onions over the sweet potatoes.
6. Sprinkle some of the Ethiopian Berberé over veggies.
7. Add a layer of the celery root, overlapping the slices.
8. Repeat process a second time.
9. Pour the broth over the vegetables, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Remove the cover and bake for another 30 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and sprinkle blue cheese all over the top.
Note: You may want to sprinkle in some salt on one of the layers if desired or if using a spice blend that does not contain salt, such as Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Penang Curry, or if you are using a low sodium broth.