Herb and Spice Flatbread
For this flatbread, you can either purchase a store-bought pizza dough or use the basic recipe below. A great recipe for getting your whole family involved, you can top these flatbreads with anything you like. Specific measurements for the toppings are not provided, as it is really a matter of choosing fun toppings, chopping them up, and sprinkling them on the flatbread. You can also just use olive oil and the spice to make a simple flatbread, cut it into thin slices and serve as a side accompaniment to any meal.
For the dough:
3 C All-purpose flour
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/4 oz Package Dry Yeast
1 C Warm water
Teeny Tiny Spice Blend of choice
Red, yellow or orange peppers
Ground meat or sausage
To make the dough:
- Combine sugar, water and yeast in a measuring cup.
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour yeast mixture and oil in well and stir into dry ingredients until you have a soft dough.
- If dough is sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Knead until smooth on a slightly floured surface.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
Putting it all together:
Preheat the oven to 500℉.
Cut the dough ball in to four equal pieces.
Roll each piece of dough into a thin round and place on a baking sheet.
Rub a bit of olive oil over the surface of the dough and sprinkle it with spice.
Add your toppings.
Bake 5-10 minutes, until the flatbread begins to turn a golden brown.