Herbed Vegetable Patties
- 1 1/2 C Beets, raw, finely chopped or grated (I used a food processor)
- 1/2 C Sweet potato/yam, finely chopped or grated
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 C Coconut flour (can sub flour of your choice, but will have to adjust amount)
- 2 tbsp Shepherd Herb Mix
1. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Next, stir in flour.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a baking mat, or heavily grease, as these can stick easily to a pan.
5. Scoop 2 tbsp of the mixture into your palm and patty out, flattening and compacting as much as possible.
6. Bake patties for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 15 or until firm.
7. For a delicious balsamic reduction glaze, bring 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp honey to a boil until it becomes thick and syrup-like. Drizzle on patties and serve.
These are a great sub for a burger for any vegetarians, but also wonderful with some sliced turkey, ham, or chicken and your favorite sandwich toppings, and wrapped in a collard green leaf, shown below.