Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Whole Butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1-2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice blend of choice
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 4 C Broth (Chicken or vegetable)
- 1 C Water (to adjust thickness of soup)
- Dollops of Crème freche
- Sprinkling of Chives or toasted pumpkinseeds (see below) for serving
- Salt To taste
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Put chunked squash, onion, olive oil and spice in a bowl and toss to coat well.
3. Spread the spiced veggies in a roasting pan.
4 Cook for 45-50 minutes, until squash is soft.
5. Divide the squash/onion mixture into thirds. In a blender, add 1/3 squash/onion and 1 C broth and blend until smooth. Pour into pot and repeat to blend the remaining broth and vegetables.
6. Add water to the soup to adjust it to your desired thickness.
7. Heat to serving temperature.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. Serve in bowls with a dollop of crème freche and either a sprinkling of chopped chives or toasted pumpkin seeds.
Suggested Teeny Tiny Spice blends:
For MILD: Garam Masala (2 tsp)
To toast pumpkinseeds: place pumpkinseeds in a single layer on a baking sheet in oven or toaster oven that has been preheated to 350ºF. Cook until lightly browned, checking every 5 minutes or so.