Harissa Roasted Tomatoes with Mint
Now that gardening season is upon us once again in the northeast, I am already looking forward to vines dripping with juicy tomatoes and the ability to pick fresh herbs all summer long. This very simple salad combines roasted cherry tomatoes with the coolness of fresh mint and a bit of heat from the Harissa. Serve by itself as a side salad or on a piece of crusty bread or as a topping on burgers or grilled fish or chicken.
- 2 Pints Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Sm Onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Harissa
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 Fresh Mint leaves, torn into pieces
- Optional: Dollops of goat cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Halve the cherry tomatoes and slice the onion into rounds.
4. Slide the mixture onto a roasting pan and arrange in a single layer.
5. Cook for 40-45 minutes, until tomatoes are wrinkled and slightly browned.
6. Spoon tomatoes into serving bowl and toss in the mint leaves.
7. Add a few dollops of goat cheese if desired and serve immediately.