Spiced Apple and Onion Stuffing
Smokey, spicy, savory, crisp & silky, this is a great stuffing for festive occasions or for when you just want some stuffing!
2 Tbs Olive oil
4 Tbs Butter, softened
4 Ribs celery, diced
1 Lg Onion, diced
3 Apples, diced
1/4 C Parsley leaves, chopped
8 C Cubed stale bread or unseasoned stuffing mix
2-3 C Chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Add the oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
3. When hot, add the vegetables, apple and spice and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the parsley and stuffing.
5. Moisten the stuffing with the chicken stock until the bread is soft but not soggy.
6. Fill a well-buttered baking dish with the stuffing mixture and place in hot oven.
7. Bake until the stuffing is set and the top is crisp and golden brown, about 30-45 minutes.