Summer Veggie Quinoa Salad
2 Yellow summer squash
2 Handfuls cherry tomato
1/2-1 C Cooked sweet corn
2/3-1 C Dry quinoa
Cooking oil of choice
Teeny Tiny Spice blend of choice (Suggestions below)
Salt to taste
1. Start by cleaning the veggies and chopping the squash and zucchini into bite sized pieces.
2. Add zucchini and squash into a hot skillet with oil. Sprinkle with salt and begin to cook, sprinkling with spice of choice, starting with 1 tsp and adding as needed.
3. Add quinoa plus double the amount of water (1 Cup quinoa = 2 Cups water) into a small pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer when boiling and cover, simmering until water is gone. Fluff with a fork.
4. Prepare corn according to instructions(frozen, canned, or fresh) drain, and set aside.
5. Add quinoa and cooked veggies to a large bowl. Toss with a drizzle of oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and then taste. Add salt or additional ingredients as desired.
6. Refrigerate and serve cold.